We are recruiting experienced chefs for a luxury tour operator with chalets in Courchevel and St. Anton. This is an excellent opportunity for creative and passionate chefs to be able to provide exceptional daily meals, ensuring well-balanced food is served and the guests receive excellent levels of service at all times.
- Preparation and assistance with service of breakfast, afternoon tea and evening dinner. Meals should be fresh, creative, balanced and well presented, following the below format:
- Breakfast: An artisan style, comprehensive buffet with daily fresh hot options (5 days a week).
- Afternoon Snacks: Homemade sweet or savory dishes. (7 days a week).
- Evening dinner: Consisting of at least 2 variations of canapes, starter, main course, dessert and cheese board - or as pre requested by guests (5 days a week).
- Meals provided should always be of a fine-dining quality, in accordance to Kaluma’s guidelines.
- Ordering of or shopping for all food items from nominated suppliers and checking that any goods delivered to the chalet are as ordered and correct in quantity.
- Ensuring maximum use of all food stocks and limiting wastage through stock takes and creative menu planning.
- Maintaining the hygiene and cleanliness of the kitchen and dining area, paying particular attention to health and hygiene standards.
- Management of the chalet kitchen to budgets set for food and cleanliness to HAACP requirements.
- Complete all financial and non-financial paperwork accurately and on time.
- Consulting and Socialising with chalet guests, to ensure correct menu plans, dietary provisions and to help create an ambience in the chalet where the guests feel welcome and relaxed at all times.
- A recognised qualification in professional cookery and/or a training background in high end
- professional kitchens
- Solid experience in restaurant kitchens, private households, super-yachts or luxury private dining.
- Previous seasonal experience with a luxury operator is preferable.
- Minimum age of 25 years
- Experience with various dietary requirements and allergy management
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible in our offerings to our guests
- EU passport, EU residency, EU work permit or visa. Verbal English to a good level
- Full clean driving license (preferred but not essential)
Salary: Depending on experience