Are you a British chef looking to work a ski season this winter? We have positions available with a client based in Verbier, Switzerland. With a portfolio of beautiful catered chalets, we're looking for highly experienced fine-dining chefs to join an experience existing resort team. You will have the opportunity to showcase your work by creating weekly tailored menus and working alongside a host, deliver a 5* service beyond their expectations.
- You will have full responsibility for the catering in one of our chalets.
- The role allows you to showcase your work by creating and designing menus to impress your guests.
- Alongside your host, you will be responsible for delivering a 5* service beyond their expectations.
- Creating and planning menus with each set of guests (including pre arrival chef call).
- Preparation and service in an open plan environment of breakfast, afternoon tea and dinner
- Stock control and management of your kitchen.
- Catering for special occasions and understanding your guests dietary and allergy requirements.
- Catering for children and preparing early supper, if required.
- Maintaining high levels of food hygiene and general health and safety in the kitchen and dining areas.
- Interacting with guests and being flexible for last minute changes.
- Assisting with the maintenance of all kitchen equipment and reporting any issues to the Chalet Manager.
- Highly professional
- Well presented at all times
- Punctual, personable and sociable
- Positive, flexible and energetic
- A hardworking team player with great attention to detail
- Ability to think on their feet and use own initiative
- Recognised catering and food safety qualifications
- Full, clean UK driving licence (desirable)
- Basic knowledge of French (desirable)
- Extensive work experience in a fine dining, Rosette or Michelin star restaurant
- Knowledge of wine/food pairing
- Previous seasonal experience (desirable)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Experience in running a kitchen
- Ability to plan menus, budget and source ingredients)
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and as part of a team
- Fully vaccinated
- UK National Insurance number, address and bank account
Salary: Depending on experience
Winter board and lodging
Travel to and from Verbier at the start and end of season
Winter ski pack including ski pass, ski boot/hire, ski lessons, comprehensive emergency sports insurance etc (where required)
Start date: December 2021