We have an exciting opportunity to join a lovely family run ski company in the beautiful ski resort Zermatt. We are looking for an experienced chef that is looking to create their own tailored menus, cooking delicious fine-dining cuisine and spend the winter in a top ski resort.
- Provide a friendly and welcoming atmosphere
- Planning, preparation and serving of meals in accordance with the company’s menu requirements following the guidelines and policies regarding food service and preparation, working within Health and Food Hygiene regulations at all times.
- Prepare breakfast each day ensuring that the buffet table and dining room is set and ready by 8 am unless otherwise requested by the guests. Prepare cooked to order hot breakfast options, prepare fruit salads, mueslis, porridge, eggs any style, waffles, pancakes, fruit juices, smoothies, omelets, etc
- Assist with and set out afternoon tea, cake, and refreshments for guests on their return from skiing
- Plan and prepare a selection of canapés and an aperitif for 7.30pm.
- Plan, prepare and serve a four-six course evening meal, ensuring that the table and dining room is set and ready for guests by 7 pm
- Prepare staff meals when required.
- Ensure that the kitchen is clean and tidy at all times and is to the required company standard.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness daily, ensuring that the kitchen and store areas are always clean and tidy.
- Adhere to company guidelines and procedure regarding cleaning standards and presentation.
- Perform a deep clean on ‘change-over’ day in preparation for new guests, ensuring that all kitchen and dining areas are spotlessly clean.
- Attend a weekly chalet meeting to prepare your food orders.
- Assist with an accurate and thorough stocktake prior to your weekly team meeting, ensuring that stock is rotated in the storage areas.
- Ensure that all guests are aware of the chalet staff day off and the arrangements for breakfast and the evening.
- Show due diligence at all times towards your guest’s health and safety as well as your own and other staff members.
- As part of a team within the resort, you need to remain flexible and assist with any other duties as requested by your Resort Manager or other senior staff.
- Excellent chef with previous chalet/villa/yacht/private chef experience
- Ability to plan a menu and manage to budget
- Highly organised and a good communicator
- Excellent standards of cleaning and hygiene
- The ability to remain calm
- Extremely conscientious with high personal standards
- Good team player
- Hold a valid British/EU passport and UK bank account
- Hold a full, clean driving license and experience of driving abroad (chalet specific requirement)
Salary: 1,820 CHF (net) per month
Accident and illness insurance
Travel to and from the resort from the UK