We are looking for a Domestic Couple for a permanent position based in Paris, with an immediate start date. The role will be based in a formal residence, so we're looking for an experienced Butler and Cook, who would be happy to be working as part of the wider team. The family are looking for a couple who are looking for a long-term position, as they will be replacing a couple who are due to be retiring. You must have excellent references and be eligible to work in France, so would be ideal if you're already based in or near Paris.
- A butler: Responsible for all service duties (breakfast, lunch, and dinner). Formal and informal.
- Setting up tables to formal and informal standards according to the daily requirements.
- Taking care of silver, crystal, crookeries, and the butler pantry.
- Liaising with the kitchen.
- Front of the house responsibilities such as welcoming the guests and looking after the guests’ area and their personal needs.
- Light outdoor housework such as looking after the pool area, sweeping leaves, cleaning pathways, setting garden furniture.
- Any other duties as required by the principals.
- A cook/housekeeper: Responsible for cooking tasty and healthy meals for a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children)
- Occasional small dinner party (up to 6 guests).
- Family style cooking, healthy and fresh ingredients.
- Grocery shopping.
- General housekeeping duties: vacuuming, dusting, cleaning, laundry.
- Ironing table linen.
- Care of luxury furniture.
- Previous experience working in high-end support roles and who understand flexibility and last minutes changes.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- High degree of professionalism
- Ability to use your initiative and work independently
- Punctual and reliable
- Understanding of the importance of discretion in the role
Salary: €4000 combined per month (net)
Accommodation provided: large 2 bedroom flat, 2 mn walk from the main property.
Holidays: 5 weeks + bank holidays (could be worked, time in lieu will be given in that instance)