A VIP family based in Dubai are looking for an experienced, fluent French speaking Governess. The family already have a governess for their 5-year-old boy and have multiple nannies who also deal with day to day care of the children. They are looking for someone to organise teaching for their 18-month little girl through play and activities. This will be your main priority however you will also be expected to tutor the young boy in French language too (plus, any future children the mother may have).
You should work in a positive, child centred way, displaying a happy disposition while being mindful of the families need for privacy and family time. It is essential that you are active and open to outdoor play and sport as this is a large part of their lives. As mentioned, you will be working with other staff so a team player is required, and flexibility will be needed as the family tend to travel during the school holidays.
- To create healthy activities for the children to be engaged in and learn skills and a new language as they play. At home or outdoors.
- Accompany the children on outings alone or with friends as agreed with parent
- Organize play dates with friends, and activities for play dates.
- The family travels with friends and their children on holiday so play time is usually with multiple children (who have their own nannies).
- Possible to suggest a healthy weekly meal menu plan.
- To liaise with household staff to ensure the child’s belongings are kept organized.
- To work in a team environment in a fully staffed household. Each child has a child minder with them who can help the governess on a daily basis.
- Accompany family on a fully paid family vacation, as extra hand is needed, allowance given during travel for any meals out the governess has when family are not around.
- Teaching French to both children
- Fluent French and English (ideally native French speaker)
- Around 10 years of experience
- Recognised Early years or primary school qualification
- Montessori certified
- Must be structured but also be flexible when plans change
- DBS checked
- Must have driving licence
- Happy to travel with the family
Salary: £52,000 + (DOE)
Salary: £52K + (DOE)
Start date: October 2019
Hours: 5 days a week, 8 – 10 hours a day
Benefits: 30 days holiday + 1 annual return flight to home country