We have an exciting new position for an experienced Property Manager for an exclusive luxury property near Dubrovnik, Croatia. The successful applicant will lead a small team who will oversee delivery and grow the number of exceptional guest experiences based on holistic healing, and to oversee both the regular management and the continual improvement of this unique property. Due to the nature of the role, we are looking for someone with working experience in Croatia and has fluency in the Croatian language. If you have experience in running a small, boutique property, this could be an amazing new career for you!
- Day to day management of the operation of the monastery to ensure that the property is secure, properly maintained, provisioned, and impeccably presented at all times.
- Leadership and resourcing of the team of employees and contractors to ensure that all roles are filled, managed, and equipped to fulfil their duties to excellent standards.
- Planning and overseeing the experience of guests at the monastery, at standards that one would expect in a top hotel, but delivering experiences that are imaginative, innovative, rich in variety, personalized to the guest and memorable.
- Stewardship of all aspects of the property, its artworks, fixtures, and fittings so that their condition and value is protected and maintained.
- Understanding and overseeing maintenance (repairs and preventive) of all aspects of the property (structural aspects of the property, grounds, gardens, furnishings as well as systems, fixtures, and equipment, including electrical, lighting, ventilation, heating and air conditioning, water (supply, drainage, heating and sewerage), sanitary, audio-visual, appliances and other electrical equipment, IT equipment, motorboat, [swimming pool/hot tub])
- Assisting in the creation of budgets for operating and capital expenditure. Ensuring that operations are delivered in budget and report regularly on performance against budget.
- Working with sales & marketing agencies to generate demand, bookings and revenue for the property and providing support to agencies making enquiries.
- Ensuring that the historical and religious significance of the property is respected and that excellent relationships are maintained with locals, suppliers, authorities, neighbours and other third parties.
- Constantly identifying ways to improve the property – in presentation, service, guest experience, environmental sustainability, maintenance, and financial performance.
- Planning and implementation of construction and renovation projects to improve the property, applying high standards of quality control and budgetary discipline.
- Perform administrative duties to ensure that the property has all required licences, insurances, safety certificates and procedures and complies with all applicable laws and settles applicable taxes as well as benefitting from applicable subsidies, grants, or tax breaks.
- Impressive track record in top end hospitality / service.
- Substantial experience in private properties and managing hotels.
- Proven ability to lead teams effectively and positively.
- Aptitude for understanding technical equipment and practical skills and understanding to resolve problems.
- Experience in handling valuable artworks and antiques.
- Interest in properties of medicinal plants, holistic healing and well-being traditions.
- Thorough, proactive, and methodical approach to maintenance and improvements.
- High standards of teamwork, communication, and courtesy – towards colleagues, guests, and suppliers.
- Experience in creating, working to, and reporting on budgets.
- Versatility and willingness to take responsibility for tasks and responsibilities that fall outside the job description.
- Excellent spoken English and reasonable written English
- Fluency in Croatian (essential) and Italian or German (beneficial).
- Willingness to spend long periods of time on property
- Exceptional local knowledge gained by living and working locally
Salary: Depending on experience
Job status: On-hold