We are looking for a Head Chef for a privately owned manor house in the French Alps. You will be responsible for running all aspects of the kitchen and be working alongside a CDP. The property has 11 beautiful bedrooms that sleep 24 – 30 guests, being based in the centre of a Morzine, France. Many of their guests return year after year to experience skiing in the Portes du Soleil, which is one of the world’s largest international ski areas with over 650 kilometers of piste.
- Catering for 20-30 guests each day. Dinner numbers will rise occasionally to between 60 and 100 for events such as Weddings.
- Prepare a hot and cold buffet breakfast each morning, including a daily special.
- Prepare a 4 or 5 course set meal each evening, as well as canapés and petit fours.
- Make delicious biscuits and cakes for afternoon tea everyday.
- Cook a healthy meal for the staff to be served early evening. This will extend to any guests who are children and require an earlier meal.
- Cater to requested dietary requirements and preferences, e.g. vegetarian, vegan, gluten free.
- You will be responsible for stock control, weekly stocktakes, accounting and budgeting.
- You will take charge of shopping duties and ordering of supplies.
- During service you need to organise the rest of the kitchen and waiting staff to ensure that everything runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Ensure the kitchen/storerooms are kept to a very high level of cleanliness and hygiene.
- Ensure all washing up is completed before leaving the kitchen at each shift.
- Previous chalet or Head Chef experience
- Be well presented and smart – wearing clean chef whites and an apron at all times.
- You will need to work well in a team and be used to early mornings and late nights.
- As everyone else, you will have to be flexible and at times you will need to cover another member of staff’s duties.
Salary: from €500 net per week
Central and comfortable accommodation
Ski or snowboard hire, including boots
3 Meals a day
Two days off per week (one full day and two half days)