My client is looking for an experienced and knowledgeable Head Gardener for a seafront property in St. Tropez. The property is 4 hectares approx., and knowledge of Mediterranean gardens is essential. There is another assistant Gardener there, who is very hard working and looks after a lot of the garden maintenance. This is still a very hands on role, and you must be comfortable working closely with the principal's partner, who has a lot of ideas for for the Garden.
Please only apply for this position if you have previous experience as a Head Gardener within private households. This is a self employed position.
*Candidates MUST have a visa for the EU. Please do not apply if you do not have the right to work in the EU*
- Soil preparation and planting.
- Sow and protect the plans,
- Replace plants at the end of the cycle,
- Maintain lawns and lawn (mowing, treatments, roller passage),
- Maintain trees and shrubs (prune them for example),
- Evacuate and recycle green waste such as cut grass or dead leaves in particular,
- Maintain the tools and machines used for his work such as motor mowers, tractors, leaf vacuum cleaners
- Maintain the irrigation system and fix it when necessary,
- Suggest landscaping modifications and new plants.
- Looking after and walking principal's 3 dogs
- *Candidates MUST have a visa for the UK. Please do not apply if you do not have the right to work in the UK*
- Please note that this is a self employed role so candidates must be happy with that when applying
- You MUST be comfortable working in the heat - it can reach up to 35 degrees, and candidates need to be prepared to work in these temperatures
- Previous experience in private households is essential
- Driving Licence essential
- Ability to manage client expectations
- Must be animal friendly
£35,000 Approx. Gross Per Annum
Accommodation: 1 Bedroom Cottage on the property
Working Week: 40 hours plus paid overtime when required
Responsible Consultant: Laura Reeves