We have a lovely returning client looking for a Deckhand and Host for their luxury hotel barge in France. The owners are very hands-on with the barge, with them working as a Chef and Captain, along with a guide - making a crew of 5. The owners would love the couple to have a passion for providing top-level of service and an interest in wine, as there is also an opportunity to try some of the wines from the beautiful region. There are some great booking enquiries for late summer, so we're confident it will be a successful season.
- You will be responsible for all service at breakfast, and dinner time, serving drinks or canapés
- Laying and clearing the table around meals
- Generally ensuring all the guests’ needs are met, making their stay on board an enjoyable one
- Housekeeping and cleaning the deck
- Laundry, ironing and keeping the storage area clean and tidy
- Using various ropes, knots and radio and navigational equipment.
- Assisting during emergencies and effectively using safety equipment.
- Performing general maintenance duties
- Confident and personable approach to work
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- High standards of cleanliness
- EU passport/residency preferred
Salary: €1400 NET each per month
Food and drink provided
The chance to try some great wines and explore the French waterways
Opportunity to earn excellent tips