We have a brilliant opportunity for an experienced Housekeeping Supervisor to further their career in one of London’s largest and most prestigious households. Working as part of a strong team, you will be able to develop your management skills while having a hands on role in the property. With a competitive salary on offer this is a brilliant opportunity for someone with hotel and/or private experience as a Head Housekeeper.
You will be supporting and reporting directly to the House management while managing your team of housekeepers on a daily basis, ensuring the running of the property operation. You will be expected to work with the other members of the Estate team to deliver the highest level of service to the Principals. You will be expected to be hands on and lead by example if appropriate to the situation.
- Working with the House Manager to ensure a faultless property operation.
- Cleaning, maintaining and presenting the property to the highest standard.
- Circulating and sport checking the to ensure all standards are met and maintained
- Wardrobe management, caring for high end materials & designer garments and jewellery, to include packing, unpacking.
- Managing all laundry including washing, sorting, pressing, spot cleaning & dry-cleaning
- Personal duties for guests including caring for clothes, running baths etc.
- Anticipate the needs of the Principals while maintaining discretion.
- Managing members staff, ensuring high performance, creating rotas/scheduals
- To manage & co-ordinate inventories including family items, linens, clothes etc.
- Compile & place department orders and requests while rotating stock and taking deliveries
- Assisting with management of events and private functions.
- Assist in managing and controlling staff rosters
- To carry out any other duties that may be requested by management and Principals.
- To ensure that all work undertaken is done so in a safe manner and in accordance with relevant approved codes of practice and to include the training of the house teams and ensure they are aware of their responsibilities and documents kept updated.
- 3 years minimum in a 5* environment in a similar role
- Must have exceptional attention to detail
- Willing to learn and attend training courses
- Must have excellent team building skills.
- Highest standards of personal grooming.
- Flexible with working hours and adaptable to change
- Ability to operate house systems
- Speaking other languages, a plus – English is a must
- IT literate to include Excel
Accommodation: Live out
Start Date: ASAP
Hours 5 days a week (flex days) 45 hours per week (back in lieu if worked over)
Additionally: Delicious food provided when on shift, uniform provided, additional training courses offered where needed.