We are looking for a live out Chef in a fully staffed private household in Virginia Water to cover maternity leave for approximately 6 - 9 months starting from November. You will be working in a private house mainly catering for two adults and two children (14 &17) who are home at the weekends and in the school holidays. On average one large dinner party per month, 5 courses for 18 guests plus weeknight meals and weekly kitchen suppers/Sunday lunches for family or guests up to about 8 people. The Family have no stringent dietary requirements but enjoy a variety of cuisines with an emphasis on fresh produce, low/no carb and lots of flavour.
You will predominantly work a late shift:
Late 2pm-10pm (plus extra hours especially at weekends if needs be)
Early Shift 6:30am – 2 30pm (mainly at weekends). The family enjoy a Sunday Lunch.
Following successful completion of maternity cover there is potential for a future part time role to assist in large events at the home, approximately 6 – 12 per year for up to 50 guests. Possibility for a retainer salary and competitive rates for events.
- Shopping for ingredients and kitchen supplies
- Preparing and serving supper - always 3 courses
- Making homemade ice creams, granitas and sorbets and healthy freezer meals that can be microwaved on your days off by the Butler and making sure there are snacks in the fridge is important
- There is some provisioning of the house required in cooperation with the Butler and Housekeepers– stocking of the fridges, drinks and cleaning supplies.
- Cleanliness and a high attention to detail are as important as exceptional food preparation
- Willingness to be flexible with hours/switch shifts/days based on the Family’s plans and muck in is important – plans frequently change last minute so being resourceful and adaptable is key
£45,000 - £50,000 Pro Rata
Working week: 5 days per week with two days off (or days off in lieu if you work more than 5 days). Working days to include weekends