Experienced Montessori English native to take care of a 2 year and her older brother who is 5-years old, on some days during the week. The boy has his own governess (who has been with the family for over 3 years, but the new governess will be expected to cover if the governess already in place takes leave). The governess will have the responsibility to organize learning through play for the two children and any future children the mother has.
- To create healthy activities for the children to be engaged in and learn skills at home or outdoors.
- Accompany the children on outings alone or with friends as agreed with parents.
- Organize play dates with friends, and activities for play dates. (This happens frequently)• The family travels with friends and their children on holiday so play time is usually with multiple children (who have their own nannies)
- Possible to suggest a healthy weekly meal menu plan, as agreed with the mother which the home chef prepares.
- To liaise with household staff to ensure the child’s belongings are kept organized.
- To work in a team environment in a fully staffed household. Each child has a child minder with them who can help the nanny on a daily basis.
- Hours expected to work 8 to 10 hours with a free time lunch break out or lunch provided in the allocated staff room as the family like to have meals privately together.
- Work week is a 5 day week. Occasionally might need to work a weekend day if there is a weekend activity that requires an extra hand, but will be compensated with a day off within the week.
- Accompany family on a fully paid family vacation, as extra hand is needed, allowance given during travel for any meals out the nanny has when family are not around.
- Candidates need to have extensive experience and certification within the Montessori system. An Early Years or primary school qualification is essential. Excellent references, an up to date first aid and a DBS check are mandatory.
- The governess will work in a positive child centered way with happy disposition while being mindful of the family’s need for privacy and family time. It is essential that the nanny enjoy being active with the children as sport and outdoor play are done on a daily basis. There is no personal care or household duties required within this role.
- A flexible team player is essential. During school holidays the governess will travel with the family for extended periods. It is preferred that the governess does not take the summer holiday off as the family often travels to different countries at that time and do need support with the children. Any holidays that would like to be taken by the nanny should be pre-planned at least 1 month ahead of time.
- Must have a drivers licence
Salary: 1000 GBP per week, paid in local currency
30 days paid annual leave