We are recruiting a Ski Specialist for a lovely, luxury ski agency in Witney, UK. The role is results driven and requires high levels of personal drive and motivation, so would be perfect for someone with experience in sales and a passion for the ski industry.
- Working as your client’s ski travel specialist, you will look after them from the moment they make their initial holiday enquiry, listening to their requirements, presenting suitable options, taking them through the sales process and ultimately securing the booking.
- You will achieve personal and team targets related to gross profit, booking numbers, and conversion rates.
- You will also be responsible for following up the clients stay once they return from their holiday to secure repeat bookings and referrals, and to address any issues and pass on this feedback to your team, and the relevant chalets/hotels/suppliers.
- Building strong relationships with chalet/hotel partners in resort to ensure they get the best options for the client
- Responsible for obtaining correct invoices from the chalet/hotel partner, generating the relevant booking paperwork for your client and securing swift payment at the time of booking.
- Liaising with the accounts team to make sure payment is received on time.
- To be pro-active in contacting previous clients and encouraging repeat business for the following seasons.
- You will be required to attend face to face meetings with suppliers & relevant related events (which may be outside of standard office hours).
- You will need to develop expert knowledge of the chalet/hotel portfolio so that you can sell the best options to clients.
- To attend and be involved in the organisation of summer and winter familiarisation trips, to help you further understand the individual properties and resorts.
- You will also be responsible for the joint general upkeep of the company's website portfolio, ensuring all properties are up to date and accurate, and adding new properties where necessary.
- Previous experience in a sales role or be able to demonstrate the necessary characteristics of a successful sales person.
- Knowledge of the ski industry and the destinations we sell, or at least a keen skier.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- The ability to build lasting relationships with clients and have a friendly, approachable and professional manner.
- You are results orientated with a desire to succeed.
- Organisational skills and attention to detail.
- You must work well in a close-knit team environment.
- You will ideally be qualified to degree level or equivalent (preferred, not essential).
Salary: from £21,000 plus commission
Winter hours (from 1st September to 31st March): 08.30 - 5.30 Monday to Friday, with 1 Saturday a month and a late shift about once a fortnight 10-7pm (on a rota basis).
Summer hours (from 1st April to 31st August): 9-5pm, 4.5 days a week.