We are looking for a Sous Chef to help run the kitchen in a busy Ski Academy in Tignes in the French Alps, to be assisted an experienced Head Chef and Sous Chef. Combine your passion for food and the unique experience of working with living in the French Alps by being assisting the Head Chef at this international ski academy. Whether you are looking for a new kind of challenge or a career in the sports nutrition industry this fantastic role allows you to use and develop your professional skills in a unique environment.
- Help designing meal plans: Reporting to the Performance Director and guided by our consulting doctor, you’ll be responsible for designing and producing a nutritionally balanced meal plan; which includes fuel for training and races.
- An appropriate candidate will be highly organised and able to develop relationships with the suppliers and the local community.
- Regulatory requirements: Due to the nature of our organisation, we must adhere to the highest standards for storing, preparing, and delivery of food.
- Knowledge and experience of such regulations are imperative.
- Budget management: Provision of nutritionally balanced meals and snacks suitable for elite athletes, while operating within a pre-authorised budget.
- Ongoing professional development: Look for feedback from athletes and staff on ways to improve the menu and meet the nutritional requirements of the athletes.
- Flexibility: The ski program is susceptible to change. Weather conditions, race schedules, and a demanding program mean that there are changes to athlete and staff movements.
- Mindset: The aspirations of the academy are high. The strength of the business comes from their team.
- Responsibility for management of the kitchen team and liaising with the Performance Director.
- A positive mindset who has a proven record of being a strong team player
- Languages: Fluent in English and have some good knowledge of French
- Background check: Working with minors, we will need to run an Enhanced DBS check. DBS for the UK or DBS equivalent if you live outside the UK
Salary: £300 per week
Ski pass provided