We are recruiting a chef for the upcoming summer season for a luxury villa overlooking Lake Como in Italy. This is a large property & the number of clients varies depending on the week. This will be a seasonal position, but the owners would love it if the chef wanted to return in the following years. We are looking for a fine-dining chef who ideally has experience in a Michelin-starred restaurant and to has cooked in a private setting previously (i.e. chalets, villas or yachts).
- Storage of goods
- Hygiene & Cleanliness
- Menu Planning
- Washing up of kitchen utensils and pans
- Tailored menu designing and planning for each group of guests
- Preparation of Breakfast buffet and be ready for hot orders of eggs, pancakes, omelets, Full English etc.
- Lunch Service – generally a buffet with various salads, pasta or rice dishes and one main course of fish /meat. Dessert needs to be provided if requested.
- Afternoon tea and/or aperitivo and any snacks requested.
- Dinner, generally 3 courses plated.
- You will also provide one meal for staff each day.
- Recognised catering qualification or extensive experience
- Previous 5* catering experience is essential. Chalet/villa/yacht catering experience is desirable
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Full clean driving license.
- Highly professional with a 5-star service mentality
- Positive and flexible attitude
- Proactive, work well under pressure with the ability to listen to client’s requirements
- Self-motivated and well presented at all times
Salary: €3000 per month
Accommodation provided (you have your own large double bedroom with en-suite bathroom)
Dates: 1st May - 30th September 2019