Our client operates a Creche in Courchevel are looking for either a person with hands on childcare experience or a qualified Nanny over the winter season.The Nanny is responsible for the day to day management of the Crèche whilst taking complete care of the children whilst their parents are skiing. Responsibilities includes attending to the physical needs of the children (changing nappies, toilet training, providing drinks, snacks and lunch) as well as being responsible for the developmental and emotional needs of those in your care, providing each child with the correct amount of stimulation through toys and activities, offering love and encouragement when required.
- On the evening of changeover day provide an introduction to the Crèche – including a short speech and information leaflets – to all families that have booked the service.
- Answer any questions or resolve any problems that parents or children may have, aiming to do whatever is reasonably possible to ensure the best possible holiday.
- Report briefly to parents at the end of the day concerning their child’s activities, accidents, sleeping patterns etc and presenting them with paintings of craftwork.
- Where necessary, collect payment for use of the Crèche facility and babysitting.
- Ensure all children and babies are suitably dressed, keeping the children warm and hygienically clean (nappies/toilet) at all times.
- Collect and drop off children from ski school or any other activities as necessary.
- Implement a weekly activity schedule, adapting it each week depending on the age of children and weather conditions.
- On a daily basis, prepare and serve a hot lunch and also provide a mid-morning and afternoon snack.
- The Crèche provides clients with an optional (at additional cost) evening baby-sitting service. Typically this is only used on the evening of the chalet staff day-off when clients dine at local restaurants.
- The Nannies ensure that excellent standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained in and around the Crèche at all times.
- Tidies all toys and equipment, ensuring the Crèche is prepared for the following day.
- Sanitises all bathroom furniture and surfaces.
- Cleans interior and exterior of windows as necessary.
- Removes rubbish from Crèche and disposes in local refuse containers at the end of the day, ensuring that local recycling requirements are adhered to.
- Each Nanny also ensures that all household equipment is maintained in the best possible condition and reports and arranges for repairs or replacements by promptly advising the Handyman and/or Resort Manager.
- At the start and end of the season, the Nannies set-up and close-down the Crèche, including the preparation of full inventories for chalet and company owned items.
- Ensure that excellent standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained in and around the Crèche chalet at all times.
- Undertake regular safety checks on cots, highchairs and any other equipment used in the course of crèche work, reporting any issues to the Resort Manager.
- Ensure all toys and equipment are kept clean and in good working order.
- Ensure that children have a safe area to play and that any necessary safety precautions are in place.
- Maintain good written records with respect to anything untoward that may have occurred during the week, for example: bumps and bruises, discipline as a result of anti-social behaviour, parents’ comments etc.
- Completion of Crèche accident book when necessary, ensuring that the entry is read and signed by the child’s parents.
- Prepares a weekly shopping list of food items to be purchased either by chalet staff on ‘shopping day’ or in person.
- Maintains a log of hours, presenting this on a weekly basis to the Resort Manager.
- Each Nanny is issued with a company mobile phone. Use of this phone is to be restricted to business related calls and consideration must be given to the phone contract conditions to ensure that costs are minimised. Appropriate justification of any mobile phone expenditure may be requested by the Company management at any time.
- Previous childcare experience
- Enjoys spending time with children
- Calm and well organised
- We expect all of our team to offer a professional “nothing is too much trouble” level of service to our guests, many of whom return year after year.
- Highly motivated individual prepared to commit 120% to the role.
- Prepared to “think outside the box” to find solutions.
- Team player who leads by example and isn’t afraid to “role up their sleeves and muck in”.
- Great guest and interpersonal skills are an advantage
- Due to the UKs exit from the European Union we invite those interested of age 18 years and over with EU or dual EU/UK passports only to apply
Salary: Depending on experience
Excellent and competitive salary
Courchevel season lift pass (can be upgraded)
Free Accommodation (shared)
Ski and boots provided for the season
Return transfer from Geneva airport and resort
Carte Neige ski insurance
Opportunity to join ski lessons
Dates: early December 2021 to late April 2022